in somatic sexology
Professional Certificate in Working with Vaginismus
With Dr Martha Tara Lee
March 07 – May 02, 2024
8-11 am EST / 1-4 pm GMT / 9 pm-12 am SGT
Vaginismus is a sexual condition that causes difficulty or impossibility of penetration for individuals with vaginas. It is primarily a psychological condition associated with the fear of pain during penetration.
This comprehensive practitioner training equips you with the necessary skills and knowledge to assist your clients in overcoming this condition. By doing so, they can regain a sense of bodily safety and experience pain-free sexual pleasure.
Drawing on her extensive expertise as a Relationship Counsellor and Clinical Sexologist, Dr Martha Tara Lee has developed this training based on her 15 years of specialisation in supporting clients with Vaginismus. It encompasses sex education, sex therapy, somatic approaches and her unique Formula, enabling you to effectively guide clients towards overcoming Vaginismus.
Attendees will be eligible for 1 Continuing Education (CE) point for each hour of training, recognised by The American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT).
This training is for people with existing training and qualifications in working with sex, including Certified Sexological Bodyworkers, sex educators, sex counsellors, sex therapists or related helping professionals.
On successful completion of the training, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Dr Martha’s online Sex Program “Sex Possible”
- Demonstrate competency in sex counselling skills
- Answer commonly asked questions from clients with Vaginismus
- Demonstrate competency in teaching and applying Dr Lee’s formula to overcoming Vaginismus
- Formulate a client treatment plan
Course Requirements, Dates and Times
To attain the certificate, you are required to:
- Attend 8 weekly, 3-hour virtual training sessions (on Thursdays: March 7, 14, 21, break on Mar 28, April 4, 11, 18, 25 and May 2, 2024, at 1 pm GMT / 9 pm Singapore
- Attend 8 weekly, 90-minute peer triad practices (at a time to be decided with your group members)
- After this, pass a verbal and a written exam
- Demonstrate competency in 3 recorded sessions with volunteer clients (we will support you in finding these clients)
Support During and After Training
- Access is included to Dr Martha Lee’s online training program on overcoming Vaginismus http://www.eroscoaching.com/sex-possible which contains 28 videos released over 28 days
- Support to find your three volunteer clients
- Once Certified: Listing in Dr Martha’s directory of Recommended Vaginismus Practitioners
- Plus 6 months of optional online group peer support
Full price: £1,260
A non-refundable deposit of £130 will secure your place in the training.
Full payment must be made by February 20, 2024.
- The £130 deposit is non-refundable
- If you decide you cannot participate in the training before March 7, you will be refunded your money minus the non-refundable deposit
- There is no refund if you withdraw after the training commences on March 7, 2024
Facilitated by Dr Martha Tara Lee
Relationship Counsellor and Clinical Sexologist Dr Martha Tara Lee of Eros Coaching has been in practice for 15 years (since 2009), and her clients are predominantly people who have inhibitions around sex and sexuality – especially unconsummated marriage and Vaginismus. She estimates she has worked with over 1,000 couples with Vaginismus or unconsummated marriages.
Her credentials include:
- Doctorate in Human Sexuality
- Master’s in Counselling
- Certificate in Sex Therapy
- Certificate in Coaching
- Certificate in Practical Counselling
- AASECT certified sexuality educator
- AASECT certified sexuality educator supervisor
- AASECT CE provider
Dr Martha welcomes people of all genders, sexualities, cultural backgrounds and relationship choices in her work.
For more about Dr Martha and her work: Click here
For testimonials from past graduates of the Professional Certificate in Working with Vaginismus: Click here
For testimonials specific to clients who overcame Vaginismus with Dr Martha: Click here
Eros Coaching is a registered AASECT continuing education provider. Details of AASECT CE Providers
Please note that you may have to scroll up after completing the form for the reCAPTCHA proof-of-humanness challenge.
© 2024 The School of Somatic Sexology – All Rights Reserved